Friday, April 12, 2013

FRUSTRATED TODD RUNDGREN FAN KICKSTARTS CAMPAIGN-HOPES TO RAISE $20K TO OVERSEE RUNDGREN'S ACTIVITIES





With the recent release of yet another misguided record from rock legend Todd Rundgren, frustrated fan Darby Densmore of Staten Island has decided to take matters into his own hands. He is launching a Kickstarter campaign to raise $20,000. This money will be given to Rundgren to do as he pleases.

Densmore explains:

"I think the majority of Todd fans will agree, the boy needs to be watched. I don't care what he does with the money. He could buy a car, load up on spam and poi...they like that in Hawaii. Buy new clothes. Doesn't matter. In return, I want a signed notarized document that states he will throw away his laptop and only use real musicians on his next album."

This move by Densmore, a lifelong Rundgren fan and supporter who has seen the artist perform over 300 times, is unprecedented.

"You know I'm following Todd for like 40 years and I'm the idiot because I want to hear The Verb To Love in concert. He brings his A-game to Daryl Hall's house. He brings his A-game to Amsterdam so the orchestra won't get mad. I see him live and he brings a space pod, a helmet, a toaster and he starts rapping. I've had it."

Todd Rundgren's new electronica CD "State" is a collection of tunes recorded on a laptop computer. An exasperated Densmore says, "This is the last straw. I have tickets to see 14 of the 19 shows this tour. But this record sucks so bad, I'm probably only going to go to 11 of them."